Frequently Asked Questions for schools
1. Can we arrange for alternate pick-up and drop-off points for my child?
Sorry, we are unable to offer this option due to safety reasons. Your child will only be picked up and dropped off at the designated pick-up and drop-off points.
2. Why are there sometimes changes in the bus assigned to our child and/or in the pick-up and/or drop-off times?
There may be changes in the bus assigned to your child and/or pick-up and drop-off times when there are changes in the number of students served by the bus.
This usually occurs at the beginning of the semester and when families change their places of residence.
3. How do you determine which child would be picked-up and dropped-off first and pick-up and dropped-off last?
We determine the order by which students are picked-up and dropped-off based on the routes that we have set out for the buses to and from the school. The routes are set based on road maps, the volume of traffic along the roads at different times of the day and the fact that some students may only take the bus either to or from the school and not both ways.
Please be assured that we will always take into consideration minimizing the travel time when setting the routes for the bus to and from the school.
4. Our child lives nearest to the school. Why is it that our child is not the last student to be picked-up en route to school and the first student to be dropped-off from school?
Please refer to the answer to Question 3.
5. Our family is staying in a condominium. Where is the designated pick-up and drop-off point for our child at our condominium?
We usually pick up and drop off students staying in condominiums at the guardhouse or the gate barrier. Our buses are unable to pick up and drop off the students directly at their blocks as this would increase the travelling time.
6. Our family is staying at a landed property. Where is the designated pick-up and drop-off point for our child at our house?
We will usually pick up and drop off students staying at landed property at the gate of the house. However, some houses may be facing a narrow road or a road with a dead end. In such cases, we will usually pick-up and drop-off the students at places that are convenient, practical and safe for the students.
7. Can our child be picked up and dropped off permanently from another address?
Yes, you can as long as you give us a minimum of 2 weeks' notice to allow us to make changes to the existing bus system.
8. Can our child take another bus operated by you when he goes for a "sleepover" or a "playdate" at his schoolmate's place?
Sorry, we are unable to provide this service as cross-travels between our buses will not enable us to manage our bus service system efficiently and safely.
9. Why are the buses sometimes late?
There may be various reasons why the buses may be late. For instance, the buses may be late when there are traffic congestions, bad weather or road works.
10. What determines the size of the bus used for each route?
The size of the bus used for each route depends on the number of students that will be picked up and dropped off by the bus, and the travelling time along that route.
11. Will our child be provided with insurance coverage while travelling on the bus?
Yes, your child will be covered under a Third Party Insurance Coverage which we have undertaken.
12. Why are some of the buses not fitted with seat belts?
All our regular buses have been fitted with seat belts but some of our replacement buses may not be fitted with seat belts. The replacement buses are only used if our regular buses are sent to the workshop for bus servicing or repairs.
13. Are the buses safe for our child to travel on?
Please be assured that our buses are safe for your child. We carry out inspections of the seat belts, first aid kits and fire extinguishers on our buses. We maintain and service our buses at least once a year at authorized service centres.
14. How and when do we make payment of the bus service charges?
Payment of the bus service charges are payable by cheque within 2 weeks of receipt of the invoice issued by us.
15. Can we terminate the bus transport service for our child and obtain a refund of the bus transport charges?
Yes, you can as long as you give us 1 month written notice. We will then process a pro-rated refund of the bus service charges accordingly based on the unused portion of the current academic semester against the entire semester fees.